November 29, 2011

The Brü Revü – Avery White Rascal

Avery is a micro-brewery out of Colorado that makes several high quality beers, and their White Rascal Belgian White (or wheat beer) is another good one.  Belgian wheat beers are not usually high on my list, but on this occasion the White Rascal really hit the spot.  It poured a clear golden color with the distinct Belgian yeast aroma of bananas and bubble gum.  For being a lighter looking beer the mouthfeel was quite full and chewy and the taste was full and complex.  There were hints of clove, banana, and yeast with a bit of orange as well.  There was a lot going on in this beer that I found really enjoyable and refreshing.  While I don’t always want a Belgian wheat, when I do I will definitely look for the White Rascal.



No comments:

Post a Comment