April 24, 2012

The Brü Revü – (512) IPA

Oh the (512) IPA!  I can’t believe I have taken this long to review this beer as it is easily my go to draft beer around Austin. Most bars and restaurants carry this beer and it is easily one of the best Austin beers if not the best Austin brewed IPA. I could be wrong, but it seems that they tweaked the recipe a bit recently as I remember it being a bit cloudier and having a much more prominent grapefruit hop flavor.  Either way it is still excellent.  It pours a golden amber with plenty of hops on the nose.  The taste veers more towards the citrusy hops, which could be why I like it so much. The (512) IPA  starts with strong hops which gives way to a slightly sweet bready maltiness and ends with a good hop bitterness.  It is a very smooth and well balanced IPA with a deep profile that makes this a highly drinkable brew.  

(512) IPA






I had this one at the East Side Showroom served in a mason jar.  Very cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment