May 6, 2015

The Brü Revü – Armadillo Ale Works Quakertown Stout

I loved my first brew from Armadillo Ale Works, Brunch Money, so I jumped at the chance to try this Imperial Oatmeal Stout brewed with Maple Syrup.  It sounded exceptional and seeing that it won Gold at last years GABF I knew it had to be good.  The beer poured a dark brown to black with a full tan head.  I immediately got notes of chocolate syrup on the nose along with coffee and sweet malts to round it out. The taste was right along with the nose but with a more roasty profile along with the chocolate and sweet malt notes.  The coffee flavors were more subdued in the taste and I only got a hint of the maple syrup, but more in the sweet tone it gave the beer rather than a syrupy pancake bomb.  This is a brew you definitely want to allow to warm up a bit as all the flavors really begin to shine.  The beer was a creamy and silky smooth which made for a rich and deep drinking experience. Definitely seek the Armadillo Ale Works beers when in Dallas.  They are representin’ Denton well.

Armadillo Ale Works Quakertown Stout



No comments:

Post a Comment