December 20, 2012

The Brü Revü – Karbach Rodeo Clown Double IPA‏

Karbach is a Houston brewery that is currently only available in the Houston area. I have heard great things about their beers so on a recent trip to Houston I picked up the Rodeo Clown Double IPA to see what all the fuss was about. It poured a deep copper with a full tan head. The aroma was fruity and floral hops with sweet malts to round it out. The flavor had a good bitter hoppiness that leaned towards the piney side. As it warmed the sweet malt flavors came through with a slight alcohol burn but always ending with the piney hops that coated my palate. The Rodeo Clown was an excellent brew, and it's great to have a local brewery that offers a Double IPA in bottles/cans. This gives me something to look forward to on my trips to Houston and hopefully they will start sending their beers to Austin too!

Karbach Rodeo Clown Double IPA‏






No comments:

Post a Comment