January 31, 2013

The Brü Revü – Dogfish Head Indian Brown Ale

Another Dogfish Head beer.  This time the Indian Brown Ale which Dogfish Head describes as a cross between a Scotch Ale, an India Pale Ale, and a Brown Ale.  All beer I love (what beer do I not loveso this is the perfect hybrid beer for me.  It poured a deep dark brown with ruby hints and a decent tan head.  There was loads of chocolate syrup in the aroma with some sweet malts as well.  The initial taste hit me with straight up chocolate syrup that faded to a slight bitter hop burnt malt on the back end that coated my palate.  This was truly a hybrid beer, but more towards the Scotch Ale/Brown Ale spectrum with the IPA notes on the tail end that kept it from being overly sweet.  As it warmed I picked up notes of coffee and burnt brown sugar and the bitter hoppiness became more pronounced.  It literally started with the sweet chocolate syrup and ended on the bitter burnt malt & hop profile on every sip.  I didn’t know what to expect with this beer, but I really loved it.  It shows a lot of depth and experimentation for a year-round offering and another excellent Dogfish Head brew.

Dogfish Head Indian Brown Ale






No comments:

Post a Comment