January 8, 2015

The Brü Revü – Revolver Blood and Honey

The Revolver Blood and Honey is another Dallas craft beer new to the Austin scene at least in bottles.  I brought this back from a Dallas trip as I heard good things about this beer and enjoyed when I had it on draft.  The beer poured an opaque orange to straw yellow with a lot of sediment.  I poured about 3/4 of it in my glass, activated the yeast, and poured the rest. The aroma was sweet and spicy with hints of cloves and orange.  I may have detected a bit of honey in the sweet but it could have been my mind making me taste it due to the name. The taste was full of the same spice and orange all riding the honey sweet body.  It was not like honey nut cheerios sweet but rather a good full beer sweetness.  The orange and spice fully emerge as the beer warmed and even gave the Blood and Honey a bit of tartness.  I could also detect the base wheat beer flavors of clove and bananas underneath the orange.  The full bodied brew offered a wonderful take on a standard wheat beer.  I love blood oranges and the blood and honey highlights those flavors.  A winner in my book.

Revolver Blood and Honey





No comments:

Post a Comment