August 10, 2011

The Brü Revü – Dogfish Head Palo Santo Marron

Whoa, this is a powerful beer, and my mouth is watering just thinking about it.  Dogfish Head is another great craft brewery that puts out consistently good beers that push the craft brewing envelope.  The Palo Santo Marron is no exception as it is a brown ale aged on palo santo wood from Paraguay which pours black as used motor oil and looks and tastes like an Imperial Stout.  The wood aging gives it a bitter but complex taste that hides the alcohol well.  It had a thick and heavy mouthfeel that lets you know you are drinking something substantial while many of the flavors and aromas introduced themselves as it warmed.  I snagged it from my Dad as he felt it was too “hoppy” for him, his loss!  I kept taking sip after sip muttering “this is really good”.  Not something I could drink all the time, but a dynamic and powerful beer that I thoroughly enjoyed.



No comments:

Post a Comment