November 19, 2013

The Brü Revü – Spaten Oktoberfest

The Spaten Oktoberfest is THE Oktoberfest beer for me.  On top of it signifying the classic Oktoberfest beer profile it was a gateway beer for me as well.  I started on the malty side of things and this Oktoberfest is a classic malt fest that sprang my taste buds into the wider world of beer.  So, the Spaten Oktoberfest holds a special place in my beer heart and I still love it to this day.  It poured a dark amber with a subtle off white head.  The aroma was all caramel malt with slight roasted malt, but definitely little to no hop presence.  The taste was an obvious malt forward profile with caramel malt and some nutty roastiness as well.  There was a slight spicy bitterness on the finish that keeps your attention.  While I’ll admit there is nothing over the top spectacular about this lager, it hits my taste buds in all the right spots.  It’s easy to drink with enough flavor to distinguish itself from a league of lagers and keeps me looking forward to Oktoberfest every year.

Spaten Oktoberfest






No comments:

Post a Comment