February 27, 2014

The Brü Revü – Austin Beer Garden Brewing Co. Superliner

I don’t know why I waited so long to get a growler because it allows me to take home some of the wonderful draft only beer available in Austin.  This time I chose the Austin Beer Garden Brewing Co. Superliner IPA.  This is one of the few beers that eluded me on my recent trips to ABGB so it was a great choice to take home in the growler.  It poured a deep golden amber with a solid white head and good lacing.  The aroma was juicy citrus and tropical fruit hops with an underlying sweet malt.  My first taste was huge bitter grapefruit with citrus hops and a slight dry pine hop finish.  The sweet malt was present by subdued to allow the bitter hops to shine.  Like every beer at ABGB, the Superliner IPA was very well done and a great representation of the style.  You are doing yourself a disservice if you haven’t made it out to the ABGB: great beers, great pizza, and great atmosphere.

Austin Beer Garden Brewing Co. Superliner





No comments:

Post a Comment