October 21, 2014

The Brü Revü - Stone Ruination IPA

I had this monster of a beer back when I was just getting into craft beer and was not into IPA’s.  You can imagine the shock to my palate the Stone Ruination gave me.  All these years later when I revisit this classic Double IPA from the masters of the IPA I can now appreciate and thoroughly enjoy this masterpiece.  The beer poured a crystal clear golden amber with a decent white head.  The aroma was of grapefruit and citrus with a hint of tropical fruit and a sweet malt underneath.  The taste is aggressively hop forward and takes your palate on a hop journey from beginning to end.  After you get over the initial hop overload you get loads of citrus and grapefruit rind that peaks with a malt sweetness and ends with an intense pine palate coating.  The Ruination has a nice malty sweetness that helps balance the heavy hops and dry finish.  This is a top tier palate numbing hop bomb of a Double IPA.  Just because its readily available don’t overlook this excellent brew.  As always drink it fresh to truly achieve hop nirvana.



No comments:

Post a Comment