November 12, 2014

The Brü Revü – Hops and Grain Pale Dog

I have had the Hops and Grain Pale Dog many times before, but know that they have been tinkering with the recipe to get it right where they want it.  This is not uncommon for a brewery and I like that H&G are always trying to get their beers perfected.  I don’t know if they are still tinkering, but I do know the Pale Dog now is really good.  The beer poured a golden amber with a very large fluffy white head.  This is a dry hopped pale ale and had a huge fresh hop aroma with lots of citrus and grapefruit rind.  The taste started with a sweet malt body that quickly transitioned into a grapefruit and citrus hop bitterness that is dangerously close to many IPA’s.  The dry finish left a lingering bitter coating on my palate that was a perfect ending to each sip. The Pale Dog was a well crafted Pale Ale that kept the hop level high as well as the drinkability.  This big flavorful beer is one I will highly recommend for a local pale ale option.







No comments:

Post a Comment