August 31, 2011

The Brü Revü – Green Flash West Coast IPA

The Green Flash West Coast IPA is another beer I had on tap at Whip-In which was served slightly warm.  I wasn’t sure if they meant to serve it warm, but I think the beer was better for it.  This beer is hops, hops, and more hops!  Definitely a West Coast IPA with a very clean hop bite and a lingering resinous hop aftertaste.  This one leans more towards the piney hops rather than a strong citrus flavor with a very in your face hoppiness.  While the bartendress warned me that it was really aggressive I found that I enjoyed it, although I could see where it would wear down your palate as it is a huge hop bomb.  It was a good IPA especially if you are looking for a hop overload, but I would grab something with a little more balance.



No comments:

Post a Comment