August 23, 2011

The Brü Revü – New Belgium Grand Cru Abbey Ale

This beer will always have a sweet spot with me.  I remember first having this beer years ago on draft at the Gingerman as part of the New Belgium’s Lips of Faith series and thinking it was the best beer on the planet.  It was a perfect afternoon with my wife drinking a few beers at my favorite bar that may have influenced my opinion.  I have not seen it since, so when I saw it is now available in bottles I was ecstatic.  New Belgium’s Abbey Ale is one of their best beers and this one kicks it up a few notches.  It has a very deep and intense flavor that strikes all the right Belgian Abbey notes with hints of raisins, figs, and that distinct Belgian yeast.  While it did not live up to my memory of the greatest beer in the world, it is still a fantastic one that will always stir those memories of that perfect afternoon.




No comments:

Post a Comment