September 15, 2011

The Brü Revü – AleSmith X

On our trip to San Diego I was on a quest to try any and all AleSmith beers as I read they were a highly respected brewery in the area.  All of their beers get great reviews so I was excited when I saw the AleSmith X on draft at one of the first bars we visited.  The X is their Pale Ale which I do not usually choose, but this was AleSmith so I had to.  With all of the anticipation and excitement I was NOT disappointed.  The X had a gold body with a nice fizzy head with a good hop and slight malty aroma.  It had a balanced taste between the citrusy hops and doughy malt that I was instantly enamored with.  The X went down smooth and before I knew it, it was gone.  It was one of the best Pale Ales I had ever had, and with this introduction to AleSmith I was definitely looking forward to trying the rest of their beers.  


 

















Sorry this is a terrible pic taken from my phone, but it's all I have! 

No comments:

Post a Comment