September 27, 2011

The Brü Revü – Texas Craft Brewers Festival

I had many excellent beers and missed many more.  It was insanely hot and dusty, but the beer more than made up for it.  Here’s a run-down of what I tried and my quick thoughts:

Ranger Creek Gulf Coast Imperial IPA – first beer of the day and a great start, excellent local imperial IPA
Real Ale Morgul – tasted like scotch, which makes sense. Excellent
Real Ale WT3F – Brett fermentation of Devil’s Backbone – I may like the regular Devil’s Backbone better, but this was a nice change.
(512) TWO – double IPA – cask-conditioned firkin - special tapping - Loved it
(512) Pale – dry hopped with Apollo in cask condition firkin - special tapping – served hot, but still smooth and tasty.
Twisted X Senor Viejo – Schwarzbier aged in Tequila barrels.  Bit of a disappointment, flat, and not as good as it sounds, the long line didn’t help.
Southern Star Pro-Am  The link is for the smoked porter, but that’s not how I remember it.  Whatever it was it was good.
New Republic Skylight Dunkelweiss – last beer of the day, and an excellent ending.  Kind of sweet with a hint of cloves.  Very good Dunkelweiss from College Station?!?

Last Note:  I confirmed at the (512) tent that their Third Anniversary Party will be on Saturday October 8th.  Yay!  See you there!



Just me and 5,000 of my closest friends....





The (512) tent.  This has to be my favorite local brewery.  If you haven't tried a (512) beer yet, you are missing out.  Their IPA is fantastic.



No, really, it's only 4 oz.  This is the New Republic Dunkleweiss

No comments:

Post a Comment