September 27, 2011
The Brü Revü – Texas Craft Brewers Festival
I had many excellent beers and missed many more. It was insanely hot and dusty, but the beer more than made up for it. Here’s a run-down of what I tried and my quick thoughts:
Ranger Creek Gulf Coast Imperial IPA
– first beer of the day and a great start, excellent local imperial IPA
Real Ale XV Anniversary
– very good
Real Ale Morgul
– tasted like scotch, which makes sense. Excellent
Real Ale WT3F
– Brett fermentation of Devil’s Backbone – I may like the regular Devil’s Backbone better, but this was a nice change.
– double IPA – cask-conditioned firkin - special tapping - Loved it
– dry hopped with Apollo in cask condition firkin - special tapping – served hot, but still smooth and tasty.
Twisted X Senor Viejo
– Schwarzbier aged in Tequila barrels. Bit of a disappointment, flat, and not as good as it sounds, the long line didn’t help.
Southern Star Pro-Am
The link is for the smoked porter, but that’s not how I remember it. Whatever it was it was good.
New Republic Skylight Dunkelweiss
– last beer of the day, and an excellent ending. Kind of sweet with a hint of cloves. Very good Dunkelweiss from College Station?!?
: I confirmed at the (512) tent that their Third Anniversary Party will be on Saturday October 8
. Yay! See you there!
Just me and 5,000 of my closest friends....
The (512) tent. This has to be my favorite local brewery. If you haven't tried a (512) beer yet, you are missing out. Their IPA is fantastic.
No, really, it's only 4 oz. This is the New Republic Dunkleweiss
Share to Twitter
Share to Facebook
Share to Pinterest
Post a Comment
Post Comments (Atom)