December 15, 2011

The Brü Revü – Lagunitas Sucks Holiday Ale

I am usually not a big fan of all the Holiday Beers, but I couldn't pass up the Lagunitas Sucks Holiday Ale.  This beer was big grapefruit hops from the moment I opened the bottle.  It had a very strong aroma and the initial taste was all grapefruit.  This is what I have come to expect from Lagunitas and I am never disappointed.  As the Holiday Ale warmed I could taste a nice malty backbone that helped balance out the strong hops. The beer leaves a good lingering bitterness on the palate and the flavor kept me coming back for more.  This was another great beer from Lagunitas which is quickly becoming one of my favorite breweries.

Somehow I lost the photos I took, so you get the below from Lagunitas and why they created the Lagunitas Sucks instead of brewing their usual Brown Shugga.

No comments:

Post a Comment