December 8, 2011

The Brü Revü – Left Coast Asylum Belgian-Style Tripel Ale

Left Coast Beers are now available in Texas, at least in Austin.  I was lucky enough to go to Oggi’s Pizza while in San Diego and sample a few of their beers, The Black Magic Stout and an IPA, both of which were fantastic.  When I saw the Left Coast beers at the store I had to pick one up, and of course I landed on the Asylum Tripel.  This was a great Tripel that kicked everything off with the signature Belgian yeast aroma and substantial off-white head.  The Asylum was a big impressive Tripel with hints of sweet candi sugar, malt, and even a bit of vanilla.  It was a bit on the sweet side, but I was really enjoying this one and it went down fast and smooth.  It’s great to see another great craft brewery available in Texas!







No comments:

Post a Comment