July 24, 2012

The Brü Revü – A’Chouffe Brewery Night at Gingerman

I was lucky enough to make it to the A’Chouffe Brewery night at the Gingerman recently.  As I have never tried the A’Chouffe beers and they are all highly rated Belgian beers I was looking forward to getting to try them.  The Gingerman had the La Chouffe and Mc Chouffe as the selections for the night and both of them were suberb.


La Chouffe  The La Chouffe was a strong Golden Ale in the vein of Duvel that came with a fluffy white head and plenty of belgian yeast notes in the aroma.  This was a great tasting beer that was herbal and spicy while being very well balanced and highly drinkable.  This is their flagship beer and it was very tasty.  I will need to revisit this one again.


Mc Chouffe  The McChouffe was touted as a Belgian Scotch Ale and was the obvious darker beer of the night.  It came with a fluffy tan head and more Belgian yeast notes in the aroma with some sweet malts as well.  It was much maltier than the La Chouffe with hints of toffee and dark fruits with the signature Belgian yeast notes as well.  Another well balanced and drinkable beer that I will need to try again.


In addition to the beers we got to take home the glasses, some cool Gnome hats, and keychains.  They also raffled off a A’Chouffe Gnome Statue....  and the beer gods must have been shining on me because I won.  Now I am the proud owner of an A’Chouffe Gnome.  Not sure what I am going to do with it yet, but my wife wants to make him a garden gnome. Maybe he can be the new Shelf Elf? 

No comments:

Post a Comment