September 6, 2012

The Brü Revü –Dogfish Head Raison D’Etre

I had the Dogfish Head Raison D’Etre at a bums meeting before, and I remember really enjoying it at the time.  I have been wanting to re-visit it since that meeting to give it a proper tasting.  I know how much I love most Dogfish Head beers, and most of those have been of the IPA variety so the Raison D’Etre takes things in an entirely different direction. This beer was brewed with beet sugars, green raisins and Belgian Yeast to create something very unique.  It poured a deep mahogany with a fruity, malty aroma.  It tasted like a sweet Belgian Dubbel with a rich and deep flavor that hints at raisins, sweet dark fruits, and a bit of caramel malt.  I enjoy a good Belgian Dubbel and the Raison D’Etra hits all the right notes for me.  It is a  unique and complex brew that I have no trouble enjoying and shows Dogfish Head’s ability to create fantastic beers in a wide variety of styles and unique flavors.

Dogfish Head Raison D'Etre




No comments:

Post a Comment