December 16, 2012

The Brü Revü – Green Flash Double Stout

I am just getting into the Green Flash beers and I have been extremely impressed with their ability to brew consistently great beers over a wide variety of styles. Case in point being their delectable Double Stout. I knew that they had their hoppy beers under control with their West Coast IPA and Hop Head Red, but this takes their mastery in a new direction. The Stout poured a pitch black with a substantial tan head. The aroma was full of roasted malts and maybe a trace of hops. The taste was deep and complex with layers of nuttiness, chocolate and coffee undertones and more of the roasted malt flavor. For such a foreboding brew it had a medium body that I found to be easy to drink despite the full flavor profile that enveloped my palate. This was a great stout that I could drink regularly and a perfect elixir for the cold months ahead. 

Green Flash Double Stout






No comments:

Post a Comment