April 22, 2014

The Brü Revü – Dogfish Head Aprihop

The Dogfish Head Aprihop came from a recent Bums meeting.  Adding Apricot juice to an IPA makes sense since certain hops elude an apricot tone, and the juice would enhance and highlight these flavors. The Aprihop poured a deep copper amber with a full white head that lingered with good lacing.  The aroma was full of citrus and tropical fruit hops which was directly in IPA territory. I detected a slight hint of Apricot but it could have been my mind telling me I should as it was almost imperceptible.  The taste was an excellent ride that began with the citrus and tropical fruit hops that melded into sweet apricot and ended with a palate coating bitter pine finish.  The sweet apricot expressed itself more as it warmed and help tame the bitter pine finish.  Although I was expecting more apricot flavor, the Aprihop stayed true to an IPA with plenty of hop punch, which was a good thing. All in all I enjoyed the Aprihop and thought the apricot complemented the IPA notes well. Its was definitely a great beer to drink on a beautiful Spring day.

Dogfish Head Aprihop




No comments:

Post a Comment