April 29, 2014

The Brü Revü – Brooklyn Black Chocolate Stout

Talk about getting lost in my beer fridge!  I found this Winter ‘09-’10 Brooklyn Black Chocolate Stout in the back of the fridge that I didn't even know was there…. I mean I was aging it, right?  Being an Imperial Stout I wasn’t too concerned about the 4 years or so of age, but I did have to let it thoroughly warm up before I could appreciate it. It poured pitch black with a surprisingly decent khaki head.  The aroma was of sweet deep dark fruits and semi-sweet chocolate that definitely leaned to the sweeter side over roasted notes.  The taste was also heavy on the smooth dark fruits and chocolate.  There was still a bitterness present on the finish but not as overbearing as I remember the fresh version.  The Black Chocolate Stout unsurprisingly was still a full on chocolate assault but it had moved away from the bitter chocolate to a sweeter fruitier flavor.  It had definitely smoothed out the edges and made for a decadent drinking experience. 

Brooklyn Black Chocolate Stout


No comments:

Post a Comment