April 3, 2014

The Brü Revü – Victory DirtWolf

There has been a lot of hype around Victory’s new Double IPA DirtWolf that has been hard to ignore.  Glowing reviews keep coming so when I finally saw it I had to try a DirtWolf. The beer poured a straw yellow to gold with a huge pillowy white head with good retention and lacing.  It was slightly hazy as there were bits of sediment in the bottom of my glass, but nothing like that detracts from a beer in my book.  The aroma was full of dank tropical fruit hops with a hint of peach underneath.  The taste was a full hop explosion that started with the tropical fruitiness and dank tones that melded into citrus notes that ended in bitter prickly pine that danced on my palate and lingered between tastes.  This was definitely a big aromatic and multidimensional Double IPA that was easily drinkable and a well executed beer.  Very fruity and very balanced the DirtWolf easily exceeded the hype.

Victory DirtWolf




No comments:

Post a Comment