February 11, 2015

The Brü Revü – Hops and Grain Porter Culture

First off, this can is sexy.  It took me a while to get this ravishing can in my beer fridge, but now my fridge is totally hip. A Baltic Porter from the great Hops and Grain brewery in Austin and once again they hit it out of the park.  The beer poured a pitch black with a decent tan head that left generous lacing.  The aroma was full on sweet malt with a slight roast and little to no hop presence.  Sweet chocolate and coffee hits you right out of the gate that transitions into a roasted malt that leaves a lingering malty bitterness on your palate.  I got hints of smoke deep in the roast, but this brew truly highlights the malts.  The Porter Culture was another highly drinkable brew and a full flavored and deep bodied Baltic porter.  Very clean and refined and everything you want out of a Texas porter.  I will be keeping a few of these in my fridge from now on, even if its just to raise the level of sexy.  With Zoe, the Greenhouse IPA series and now Porter Culture, Hops and Grain are on a roll.

Hops and Grain Porter Culture


No comments:

Post a Comment