February 25, 2015

The Brü Revü – Infamous Sweep the Leg

Sweep the Leg is a Peanut Butter Stout from Infamous Brewing here in Austin Texas. I love peanut butter and the idea of a peanut butter stout sounds magical.  The name and label is an awesome homage to the Karate Kid and the evil Cobra Kai Dojo which makes this perfection from the start. The beer poured a deep dark black with a subtle tan head the receded quickly and left no lacing.  I didn’t get the overwhelming peanut butter nose that I was expecting.  It was more of a hint of peanut butter on a traditional roasted chocolate and malty aroma.  Not a bad thing as it smelled like a good chocolaty stout, I was just expecting more peanuts.  The taste is where the peanut butter kicks in. It comes on the front of the tongue and travels through your mouth to leave a lingering nutty taste on your palate once you have washed it down your throat.  The Sweep the Leg has a nice smooth and creamy mouthfeel that I expected with the peanut butter.  The base stout is a strong chocolate and roasted malt stout that complements the peanut butter well.  While I was expecting a full on peanut butter assault I got a nicely made and subtle peanut butter stout that was a pleasant surprise and one I need to drink again.  Strike First, Strike Hard, No Mercy. Sweep the Leg, Johnny!

Infamous Sweep the Leg



No comments:

Post a Comment