March 4, 2015

The Brü Revü – Goose Island Bourbon County Brand Stout

The Goose Island Bourbon County Brand Stout gets its reputation for a reason.  It is a full tilt face melting drinking experience that starts at your lips and rides down your throat grabbing every pore of your internal orifice on its way.  The beer poured an opaque black with a subtle tan head.  The bourbon aroma hit me when I opened the bottle and continued to waft from the glass as I leaned in for my first anticipatory sip. I also detected vanilla and hints of anise coming from the glass. The taste took over my mouth with a huge hit of bourbon that melded into large doses of vanilla and cocoa. There was a slight burnt bitterness at the tail end that lingered along with the bourbon.  The BCBS was a big bourbon bomb that was surprisingly smooth and drinkable considering the ABV.  With more and more Bourbon Barrel-Aged beers on the market it is still at the top of the list and one that should be emulated. In the end: You don’t drink a BCBS, it drinks you.

Goose Island Bourbon County Brand Stout


No comments:

Post a Comment