June 3, 2015

The Brü Revü - Karbach Hop Delusion

Karbach’s Double IPA Hop Delusion has grown quite a reputation in it’s native Houston, and now it is available as a summer seasonal in 4 pack cans.  With their increase distribution that includes Austin I was easily able to pick up some of this legendary brew. Coming in at over 100 IBU’s and dry hopped with an insane amount of Mosaic and Simcoe hops, the Hop Delusion packs a hoppy punch. The beer poured a deep orange amber with a significant white head that left decent lacing.  The aroma was deep and dank that was full of an oily resinous tropical fruity wonderland.  The taste followed with an onslaught of hops that began with a bracingly bitter assault on my palate that quickly became a dank and tropical fruit hop paradise.  The juicy tropical fruit tone gave way to a slight piney bitterness that coated my palate.  I found the Hop Delusion was tantalizingly delicious that kept me coming back for more bitter hoppy punishment.  Thank you sir may I have another! I have long been a Karbach fan and have always looked forward to having a few on my frequent visits to Houston.  The Hop Delusion has become my favorite in their lineup and it is easily on par with the top Double IPA’s in the region. A great local Double IPA is always a good thing and I look forward to picking this up all summer long.

Karbach Hop Delusion



No comments:

Post a Comment