October 21, 2011

The Brü Revü – De Struise Black Damnation IV – Coffee Club

The preface: My dad was lucky enough on a trip to Belgium to visit the De Struise brewery and get a private tour from the brewer himself as well as a few samples of their great beers.  He brought me back a few of their beers and of course a “proper” glass.  

The Black Damnation series of beers was something my dad couldn’t stop telling me about how great they were.  He brought me the Black Damnation IV – Coffee Club which is an Imperial Stout that has been aged for 6 months in old Rum barrels.  I love rum so I was already sold, and this beer exceeded all my expectations.  It poured a deep opaque black with a strong chocolate and coffee aroma.  The taste was sublime.  It had a very deep and smooth coffee and chocolate flavor with hints of vanilla almost like drinking chocolate syrup.  I was in heaven! The very high alcohol was almost imperceptible as I savored every sip.  The only downside is I may never get to try this one again as you cannot get it in Texas.  Maybe it’s time for a trip to Belgium!



















Full Disclosure:  this is not my photo as I have somehow lost my photos of this fantastic beer.

No comments:

Post a Comment