October 26, 2011

The Brü Revü – Rahr & Sons Oktoberfest

This is the second Rahr & Sons beer I have tried and now I am really impressed.  The Gravel Road and now their Oktoberfest have been solid and consistent beers that are making me pay more attention to Rahr & Sons.  Their Oktoberfest was part of our Bums Meeting and I remember it being a standout in that group, and it was even better when I returned to it.  The Oktoberfest pours a dark amber with a nice tan head and all the trademark sweet malt aromas of the style.  The taste is a good sweet maltiness with a slight hop and even a bit of Chocolate.  For a darker beer it was light on the palate and very clean and drinkable.  The Rahr & Sons Oktoberfest was an outstanding Texas Oktoberfest that I will eagerly await every fall.






 

No comments:

Post a Comment