March 26, 2012

The Brü Revü – Dogfish Head 60 Minute IPA

The Dogfish Head 60 Minute IPA was my gateway IPA.  Up until then I liked the smoother maltier beers and was not much into the bitter hops.  I was slowly coming around to a hop headed love affair when I bought a case of the 60 Min. at CostCo and never looked back.  The IPA poured a golden orange with an off white head.  There were plenty of citrus notes in the aroma that followed through to the taste.  The hoppy flavors were well balanced with a malty backbone which could explain my ease into this IPA.  The citrusy hops began my passion and the creamy mouthfeel kept me coming back.  After trying many other IPA's I still find the Dogfish 60 Minute IPA is a great IPA and perfect standard bearer for the style.

Dogfish Head 60 Minute IPA



No comments:

Post a Comment