March 2, 2012

The Brü Revü – Jester King Wytchmaker Rye IPA

The Jester King Wytchmaker Rye IPA is one of my favorite local beers. I always have a tough choice between the Wytchmaker and the 512 IPA, but I am never disappointed with either beer.   I had the Wytchmaker in a 750 ml bottle that was a bit over carbonated, but was still in excellent condition.  It poured a golden amber with a healthy head that persisted for the entire tasting.  This rye IPA had a creamy mouthfeel with good hop bitterness balanced by the rye malts.  One change I have heard of late is that Jester King has switched to a farmhouse yeast over an English Ale style yeast.  This bottle was with their older English ale yeast, so it will be interesting to try it with their newer farmhouse yeast to see the differences.  Again this is a great IPA and one of the best local beers available.

Jester King Wytchmaker Rye IPA


 

No comments:

Post a Comment