June 19, 2012

The Brü Revü – Pilsner Urquell

Pilsner Urquell is THE Pilsner. The original and the meter for which every pilsner is to be measured. That says a bit much in my opinion, but it is the original Pilsner that began in the Czech Republic and a very good beer. I remember having this beer years ago and thinking it was a terrible skunky brew that did not justify all the accolades. Now after the years and a more refined palate I can appreciate this 'original' Pilsner. It poured a bright gold with a substantial white head. While the skunky aroma and taste still remain I can now recognize the hoppy tones and sweet malty backbone that make this beer so revered.  I can easily see why this beer became the definition of a style although I personally prefer the Victory Prima Pils. If you are looking for something light to beat the Texas heat, but with enough bite to keep your attention, you can't go wrong with a Pilsner Urquell.

Pilsner Urquell



No comments:

Post a Comment