October 15, 2012

The Brü Revü – Real Ale Oktoberfest

Real Ale Oktoberfest was my contribution to the latest Beer Bums Meeting and I chose it because it is easily the best local Oktoberfest.  I think the label pulled me in too, there's something about the silver, light blue and orange that caught my eye.  Enough of that though and on to the beer:  It poured a deep amber with plenty of malt on the nose which is in keeping with the style.  The taste had a loads of caramel malt with a slight nuttiness and a little bitterness on the end to keep it from being overly sweet.  The Real Ale Oktoberfest is an exceptional local take on the style and I found it highly drinkable and refreshing.  There is something about fall and when the weather changes that always makes me turn to the Oktoberfest’s and this brew from Real Ale really hit the spot.

Real Ale Oktoberfest







No comments:

Post a Comment