October 29, 2012

The Brü Revü – What Made Milwaukee Famous and Austin Beer Week


I promise there’s a connection.  First, my wife and I went to the video release party for the new What Made Milwaukee Famous video “Gone And Done It Now” at Mohawk.  We got to be extras in the crowd scenes, since my wife is cousins with the lead singer. The new video and single will be officially released on November 6th with the new album “You Can’t Fall Off The Floor” coming soon. So keep your eyes peeled for the next great album from Austin’s own What Made Milwaukee Famous.  To add: The Mohawk had a surprisingly good tap list for such a limited amount of tap space, and with $3 pints of everything on draft it was a steal.  I ended up with a Sante Fe Java Stout which was excellent.  

We had the rest of the night off, and it was Austin Beer Week, so we had to hit Red’s Porch for one last beer on our way home.  They were having a Sierra Nevada special tap night, and they still had a few other special taps from previous events during the week.  See the menu.  The server was nice enough to give me samples of the Sierra Nevada Beer Camp Floral IPA, Deep Ellum Wealth and Taste and New Belgium Dunkelweiss.  I was torn between the Deep Ellum and the Dunkelweiss but settled on the New Belgium which went better with my Java Stout from earlier.  This was a great beer, and very similar to Aventinus which is a personal favorite of mine.  I would love to grab a bottle of this sometime, but being a Lips of Faith series, it’s only a limited batch and this was from 2011.


We had a great night out seeing the video come together and lucky for me it happened to be Austin Beer Week.

No comments:

Post a Comment