October 4, 2012

The Brü Revü – Sixpoint Resin

Sixpoint Brewery just arrived in Texas and which beer do I try first?  Their highly rated Double IPA Resin, of course.  Sixpoint is another brewery who puts all their brews in cans, generally in 16 oz. tallboys which is pretty sweet.  The Resin being a Double IPA and pretty high ABV it came in a 12 oz. slim can.  I have to say I was not quite used to the appearance of this tall skinny can in my fridge, but I felt very sophisticated.  The hop aroma sprang from the can as soon as I pulled the tab, and I knew I was in for a treat.  It poured a golden amber with a nice frothy head with plenty of lacing.  The aroma had loads of citrus and floral hops and the first taste exploded with hops that started at the front of my tongue and raced through my palate.  The Resin had a well balanced hop profile with some soft pine notes along with the citrus and floral hops.  The alcohol presence was noticeable, but I quickly forgot all about it as I enjoyed this great Double IPA.  The Resin was a great introduction to Sixpoint and now I will have to work my way through the rest of their line-up.  Welcome to Texas!

Sixpoint Resin







No comments:

Post a Comment