November 14, 2012

The Brü Revü – Sierra Nevada Beer Camp Imperial Red Ale

The Sierra Nevada Beer Camp Imperial Red Ale was my third beer from the Beer Camp series to try and given the first two I knew I was in for a great beer. This Red Ale was a dark brown copper color with a generous hop nose that had hints of grapefruit and tropical fruits.  The taste starts with a smooth roasted malt and caramel malt flavor that yields to a bitter almost burnt taste that lingers on the palate.  It starts sweet and ends bitter which was different.  The sweet malts and bitter hops were definitely at play although a bit in competition.  I enjoyed the beer but it was not my favorite of the Beer Camps so far.  We’ll see how the Oatmeal Stout goes, but I have a feeling it may steal the show.

Sierra Nevada Beer Camp Imperial Red Ale







No comments:

Post a Comment