November 1, 2012

The Brü Revü – (512) Brewing Company 4th Anniversary Party


Last weekend I attended the 4th Anniversary party of (512) Brewing which is easily my favorite Austin Brewery. Their IPA and Pecan Porter are my go to beers as they are readily available, inexpensive, and always excellent quality. I have been to numerous (512) open houses and anniversaries and have never been disappointed. Although the lines were long they moved fast and those industrious enough could find a quick way to grab a refill. There was a stellar lineup of (512) brews and I left completely satisfied. If you can't tell by the below reviews, I really love their beers!




Here's a quick list of what I sampled:

(512) TWO - Their Double IPA and I love this beer. I have had it many times and it always impresses me. Deep hop flavor with citrus notes and dank hops. Their IPA is one of my all time favorites and their TWO is even better. I just wish it was available more often.  Good way to start the day.

(512) Tripel - This was the first time tasting their Tripel although I have been wanting to try it since their 3rd Anniversary. Maybe a little on the sweet side, but nonetheless it was another solid brew from (512). Of course I have an affection for tripels so I'm easy to please on that front.

(512) FOUR - An English Strong Ale. I don't drink this style much if at all, but this was really good. A subtle bitterness and plenty of toffee malt. Not sure of the ABV but I didn't taste any alcohol. Very solid and highly drinkable. 




(512) Cascabel Cream Stout - Holy smokes was this a fantastic Stout. I didn't know what to expect but I was floored. Great deep and rich chocolate stout with just enough of the subtle heat from the cascabel chili peppers to really make this a dynamic brew. It definitely lived up to the hype. Fantastic.

(512) Pecan Porter on Nitro - This takes the already pitch perfect Pecan Porter and infuses it with nitrogen rather than the normal carbon dioxide to replicate the smooth and creamy mouthfeel of traditional cask beers. Think of your creamy Guinness and you can imagine the yummy goodness of this beer. It's the best way to have this pint of perfection as it is silky smooth and simply wonderful.

(512) Wild Bear - Wild Bear is a “wild fermentation” of their Bruin which is aged for 10 months in oak barrels with Brettanomyces yeast and Pediococcus bacteria cultures.  Another first for me and this was definitely unique for (512). Loads of cherries, sour and funk that was tasty with some woody oakiness as well. Would have liked to have had it before the Stout and Porter but still good. I could easily have this one again and would like to give it a proper tasting. All in all a good end to the Anniversary party for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment