March 25, 2013

The Brü Revü – Lagunitas Cappuccino Stout

Lagunitas continually produces great beers and I have been really diggin the coffee stouts this season so the Lagunitas Cappuccino Stout was an easy decision.  Lagunitas has made their name on their hoppy beers, but I have enjoyed pretty much every beer of theirs I have tried and now that includes the Cappuccino Stout. It poured a deep brown almost black with creamy tan head.  The aroma held sweet malts and the punch of coffee that was a good sign of things to come.  The taste had everything I was looking for in a coffee stout.  It was big and bold with a good coffee flavor and a deep bittersweet chocolate malt on a full creamy body that was full and satisfying.  Lagunitas made another great beer and exactly what I wanted in a satisfying coffee stout.

Lagunitas Cappuccino Stout










No comments:

Post a Comment