July 10, 2013

The Brü Revü – Avery India Pale Ale

The Avery India Pale Ale was one of two beach beers I brought with me on a recent vacation to Galveston.  This was in a can which helps on the beach and was another IPA I have been wanting to try for a while.  The other beach beer was the Real Ale Hans’ Pils so I figured I needed one with more hop bite to keep me alert.  The Avery IPA poured a golden amber with tropical fruit and slight citrus hops on the nose.  There were floral and tropical fruit hops on the initial sip that faded to piney  and resinous hop flavors on the back end that coated my palate with a good hop bitterness.  The brew was very bright and clean with the fresh hop notes jumping off my tongue. The Avery IPA was a very well done classic IPA that was a refreshing treat on a hot day at the beach.

Avery India Pale Ale






No comments:

Post a Comment