July 23, 2013

The Brü Revü – New Belgium Lips of Faith Imperial Coffee Chocolate Stout

I love a good coffee stout.  Add some chocolate and you will suck me right in.  This is how I found myself with New Belgium’s Lips of Faith Imperial Coffee Chocolate Stout.  Why I neglected this decadent delight for 7 months I have no idea but enjoy I did.  This sucker poured a pitch black with a decent tan head that immediately exuded coffee, chocolate and roasted malt aromas.  The taste was very rich and deep with dark chocolate and a roasted malt that had a slight hint of bitterness on the tail.  The coffee flavors may have faded a bit over the months, but they were still present with a good dark roast kick that really balanced this deep dark and rich brew.  The coffee aromas and flavors asserted themselves as it warmed and made for a complete coffee confection.  Is this for breakfast or dessert?  It’s hard to tell, either way you will be happy.

New Belgium Lips of Faith Imperial Coffee Chocolate Stout



No comments:

Post a Comment