March 5, 2014

The Brü Revü – Live Oak Primus

Every year I seem to miss out on Live Oak’s Primus Weizenbock.  I don’t understand why, but it has eluded me for whatever reason.  Ever since I had it 8+ years ago I have been desperately searching for it again.  Now thanks to my new growler and the fine folks at the Growler Room my search is complete! The Primus poured an opaque deep rich amber brown with a huge fluffy tan head.  The aroma was pure bubblegum banana bliss that hit all the perfect hefeweizen notes along with the spicy yeast and slight bits of sweet pear underneath.  The taste was sublime and the mouthfeel was rich and creamy and all that I want in a weizenbock.  The bubblegum and banana flavors dominated along with the yeast and strong hefeweizen spice notes that were expertly balanced.  The Primus has to be on of the best Weizenbocks I have had and second only to Aventinus (although it is a Weizen Doppelbock) and my favorite Live Oak beer.  This rich, creamy, satisfying brew was a real treat and something to look forward to every year.

Live Oak Primus



No comments:

Post a Comment