June 24, 2014

The Brü Revü – Bourbon County Brand Coffee Stout

I'm finally having a Bourbon County Brand Stout beer and the Coffee nonetheless.  I have heard nothing but greatness about these beers and having Goose Island in Texas is paying off.  Of course this was the first year of Bourbon County in Texas so it was obviously difficult to procure.  I got one Coffee thanks to a buddy of mine as I never saw it myself.  Hopefully this year things will be different as this was a phenomenal beer.  It poured a deep brown to black with a slight to no tan head.  The aroma hit me straight out of the bottle of coffee, heavy stout and bourbon.  The taste was otherworldly.  A perfect blend of the base stout that exuded bittersweet chocolate and a deep roasty flavor with the coffee and the bourbon barrel characteristics.  As it warmed the bourbon booziness came out as well as a stronger coffee tone that was akin to espresso.  Hints of vanilla and charred oak emerged and really capped off a world class beer.  This was a perfect introduction to Bourbon County Brand Stouts and I only hope I can get my hands on more this year!

Bourbon County Brand Coffee Stout



No comments:

Post a Comment