June 26, 2014

The Brü Revü – Hops and Grain Greenhouse IPA, June

This months iteration of the Greenhouse IPA highlights a state of mind rather than a particular hop variety.  According to the Greenhouse IPA site we are invited on a camping trip to the mountains of Colorado. Hops & Grain use a blend of 33% Amarillo, 33% Mosaic, 21% Chinook and 13% Perle hops to give us aromas of pine, earth and woodiness and deliver a bold and complex experience.  As always the beer pours and looks almost identical each month with a deep golden amber and fluffy white head. The aroma was earthy and piney with only   slight woodiness and I got hints of mango as well.  The taste was bitter hops right out of the gate with no single hop dominating.  At one moment I could taste the pine and the next a deep earth tone followed by a floral woodiness all in the same sip.  My palate was coated with a pine bitterness that lingered and teased me until my next sip.  It was definitely bold and complex and was an interesting experience akin to the mountains of Colorado. Well done once again and I can’t wait to see what they come up with next month. 

Hops and Grain Greenhouse IPA




No comments:

Post a Comment