June 12, 2014

The Brü Revü – Infamous IPA

I have had the Infamous Brewing IPA on draft several times in the past and always enjoyed it.  When I finally saw a sixer of 3 day old cans I had to grab one.  The can states that its Tomahawk and Warrior hops battling it out on a base of malted barley.  While I am not as familiar with those particular hops (I have since discovered that Tomahawk and Columbus hops are one in the same) I do appreciate the results.  The beer poured a golden amber with a huge fluffy white head that left significant lacing.  The nose was herbal and dank with a slight tropical fruit sweetness.  The initial taste was bracingly bitter that continued to infiltrate all corners of my tongue with its sharp bitter herbal pine that finished dry and bitter..  As it warmed the additional hop characteristics shone through with the deep dank and bits of tropical fruit peaking their head out of the blanket of malt. It was great to finally have this in the can and to have another excellent local IPA option.  I will look forward to trying the other Infamous beers in the near future. 

Infamous IPA








No comments:

Post a Comment