August 8, 2014

The Brü Revü - Paulaner Hefe-Weizen

My summer of Hefeweizens continues with the Paulaner Hefe-Weizen.  It poured a deep hazy golden hue with a full and fluffy head that I have come to expect from my Hefe’s.  The aroma held cloves and the signature banana bubblegum notes.  The taste followed the nose with more of the signature banana and bubblegum but the taste leaned more to the clove spicy side.  The Paulaner Hefe-Weizen had a creamy body and mouthfeel that makes the Hefeweizens an enjoyable beer for me. While the flavor was a bit thinner than some I have had recently it still hit all the right Hefe notes and was a solid representation of the style.  Of course it was light and easy to drink which makes it perfect for the summer Texas heat.  A worthy stop on my Tour de Hefe and one you should try as well.

Paulaner Hefe-Weizen





No comments:

Post a Comment