August 8, 2012

The Brü Revü – Ayinger Weizen-Bock

I picked up the Ayinger Weizen-Bock at our new Whole Foods. As it was our first visit I felt a beer purchase was required and a weizen-bock always gets my attention. I couldn't wait to try it so I chose a hot Sunday afternoon while attacking my grill. It was one of those muggy summer days where you never stop sweating and I needed a beer if I was going to be outside BBQing.  I opened the bottle and went about getting my grill ready and when I turned back it was foaming out the bottle.  Nice.  It poured an opaque straw color with plenty of head.  The bubble gum and clove nose was immediately apparent and the first taste was heavy on the signature hefeweisen flavors. It had a wonderfully smooth and creamy mouthfeel that quickly made me forget all about my constant sweating heat.  I love a good weizen-bock and the Ayinger version was heavy on those classic hefeweisen flavors and just plain excellent.

Ayinger Weizen-Bock



No comments:

Post a Comment