August 19, 2012

The Brü Revü – Oskar Blues Deviant Dale’s IPA


Oskar Blues is making craft beer in a can, cool again.  All of their usual lineup of beers are excellent, and I have been looking for, and was finally able to get their IPA, Deviant Dale’s.  I am surprised it is an IPA and not a Double IPA as it has a very smack you in the head Hop presence and fairly high abv for an IPA.  I will admit that the first time I tried Deviant Dale’s, I wasn’t sure I liked it. It had a very dank and earthy hopiness that was a bit overwhelming.  There was also a hint of blue cheese which could be why I was not getting into it.  Not to be discouraged I gave it another shot.  The second time I was really digging all the earthy hops and even a hint of pine resin mixed into the brew.  It was still a hop overload, but I was able to enjoy its assault on my palate.  For an IPA this is definitely a gigantic hop bomb and won’t be for everyone.  I was able to find my own personal love for Deviant Dale’s but can understand the love/hate relationship people have with it.

Oskar Blues Deviant Dale’s IPA







No comments:

Post a Comment