January 20, 2012

The Brü Revü – Port Brewing Old Viscosity

Old Viscosity from Port Brewing is another San Diego beer that I brought back from our vacation.  The Old Viscosity is described as an American Strong Ale and I can't think of a better way to describe it.  Wow, this was a big one!  It pours like used motor oil, dark and thick with a large tan head.  I let it sit and warm a bit and the aroma sent notes of sweet malts, vanilla and booze.  The taste was like a huge barely wine brewed with loads of chocolate malts and notes of vanilla, dark chocolate, a bit of coffee, and booze.  You can taste the oak barrel aging and it gives it some nice depth and a really smooth character.  The Old Viscosity is a big and bold exceptional beer that is something really special.  It’s too bad it's not available in Texas as I would be sure to always have one in my fridge.







No comments:

Post a Comment