January 5, 2012

The Brü Revü – BJ’s Brewhouse Grand Cru

I was in Clear Lake (one of many Suburbs of Houston) over the Holidays and on a brief respite from all the chaos my wife and I made an escape to BJ’s.   BJ’s Brewhouse is a chain brew pub that makes decent beer and has several good beers on draught besides their own house brews.  I also knew that over the Holidays they have their seasonal Grand Cru which is one of their best beers.  Their Grand Cru is a Belgian style that reminds me fondly of the old Austin, Celis Brewery Grand Cru from back in the day.  The beer came to me looking a little over carbonated but a nice golden color with plenty of the fruity Belgian esters.  It was a very nice smooth and slightly sweet brew with enough bitterness on the end to keep it highly satisfying.  It hides its high alcohol content very well and with one down I easily wanted another.  Alas, it was back to the chaos!  I recommend you make it to your local BJs while the Grand Cru is still in season, you will not be dissapointed.



No comments:

Post a Comment