February 23, 2012

The Brü Revü – Anderson Valley Brother David’s Triple

The Brother David’s Triple was my first beer from Anderson Valley that I received as a gift for Christmas.  The Triple was right up my alley as it is one of my favorite styles.  The Brother David’s Triple poured darker than most triples with more of an amber color than the typical golden color.  It had a good fruity Belgian yeast aroma that yielded a sweet and fruity flavor with plenty of the Belgian yeast notes of candy sugars and cloves.  There was little to no perceptible bitterness to this incredibly smooth and highly drinkable triple.  It had a high ABV which was well hidden and made it presence known as I drank this tasty triple too quickly.  I will be on the lookout for more Anderson Valley offerings.







No comments:

Post a Comment